Thursday, June 26, 2014

Skoda Fabia - The Little Car That Could

I generally look on cars in a utilitarian sense, not as fun vehicles. My car is 20 years old and runs well, which I appreciate. But I see it as something of a storage container that can be pressed into service as a vehicle on days when I don't feel like riding a motorcycle.

But I really HAVE to salute this little car. It is the first right hand drive car I ever drove and despite initial concerns about driving in the UK, this little car made it FUN. It survived endless parabolic arcs around Britain's uberubiquitous roundabouts, toured all around Southern England and a couple rainy day drives through the hills of Wales.

Even now, I barely stave off the urge to import one by reminding myself that it is only a car, after all, not a motorcycle...



No comments:

Post a Comment