Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fitbit Challenge Walk Pictures 3 (Snohomish)


Aside from the health benefits of walking, another nice thing about it is that it's done at a pace where you have time to pause and look at details, to process things you see and notice things that are interesting. For instance, I was walking past the police station and noticed a phone booth out in front of it. I've probably driven by it a hundred times but at a walking pace, I had time to think about how rarely you see phone booths these days. Now I'm wondering if somebody in the police station is a mild mannered officer named Clark Kent...


The picture above is an early morning Sunday shot from the Snohomish Bakery.




Wait, my town has a BOOKSTORE?! When did that happen? And it looks like a pretty cool one, too.
OK, I'm joking now: Uppercase Bookshopis a fantastic shop that is well-loved in our community.


The Snohomish River ambles through town...


Note that the river is normally10-15 feet below the path...and those tick marks on the building on the left show levels the water has reached in various floods.


"The Bridges of Snohomish County"





The pictures below make me wonder if there are beavers in the town that I just haven't seen...





No comments:

Post a Comment